"Hier staunt der Laie und Fachmann wundert sich."

Dienstag, Juli 05, 2005

Evolution's spam filter doesn't seem to work

(You probably know this already which will make me look stupid. Who cares.)

Since I started using evoluation a couple of weeks ago I had the feeling that it never quite filtered my emails for spam. Of course I had the spam filter option enabled in the settings but it didn't seem to work. I noticed this a some time ago but never found the time to look into it. So today I googled to see if anybody else had the same problem.

Guess what I found out? Evolution relies on spamassassin for spam filtering -- which I have not installed since I THOUGHT that evolution does the filtering itself. Isn't that nice? So why did nobody tell me? After all, I enabled the spam filter (or so I thought) in evolution. Why didn't it bother to tell if spamassassin is installed?

Evolution keeps annoying me from day to day. The only reason I keep it is that it syncs nicely with my palm and phone. Otherwise I would stick to Thunderbird. Oh well.